- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1-8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- zest of lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Juice from lemon, about 3 tablespoon. (more or less depending on how thick you like it)
Spray pan with baking spray Pam and preheat oven 350 degrees.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl.
In mixing bowl add butter and cream cheese and mix.
Add sugar while mixer is running.
Add eggs one at a time until thoroughly mixed.
Add vanilla and lemon zest and mix.
Add dry ingredients and mix, scrape down sides of bowl and mix thoroughly.
Add mix to pan and level off top. Bake for 1 hour 5 minutes.
Let cake rest and cool before icing. About an hour.
Place powdered sugar and lemon juice in bowl and whisk to combine. Ice your cake.
Cut and Enjoy!