- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pound unpeeled deveined medium-large shrimp 36-40 count
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus several sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons bottled hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced peeled cucumber
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- Several lime slices for garnish
- Tostadas or tortilla chips
Boil water and pinch of salt in medium saucepan.
When boiling add 2 tablespoon lime juice and add shrimp.
Remove from heat cover with lid, but leave askew for about 5 minutes.
Drain shrimp and peel.
Add to medium bowl.
Rinse diced onion with cold water and add to bowl with shrimp.
Add lime juice, ketchup, hot sauce, cilantro, diced cucumber and pinch of salt and pepper.
Top with diced avocado and pour olive oil to coat avocado (this helps stop browning).
Stir, cover and refrigerate for one hour.
Serve in a small bowl with a few tortilla chips and wedge of lime.
Very pretty and very yummy!!