- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 – 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 – 20 ounce cans cherry pie filling, drained
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl, set aside.
Beat Cream cheese, butter and sugar in a mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla.
Add flour on slow and mix till just combined.
Divide dough in half and roll up in plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator till dough is firm, about 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and make sure racks are in top and bottom thirds of oven.
Line two baking sheets with parchment or Silpat. Place graham cracker crumbs in one bowl and drained cherry filling in another.
Pinch pieces of dough and roll into 1 1/2″ balls, roll in graham cracker crumbs until completely covered.
Place balls on baking sheet with about 2 -2 1/2″ in between each cookie. When you have filled both baking sheets, take a 1 tablespoon measure and press down in the center of each ball. You may get a little dough on your measure so dip in crumbs before you press down on each cookie.
Using a spoon fill each indentation with 3 cherries.
Bake both sheets at once, one on top shelf and one on bottom for 6-7 minutes.
Flip flop sheets and bake an additional 6-7 minutes.
Cool for at least 10 minutes and transfer to rack to finish cooling.
You can keep second roll of dough in refrigerator for a few days and make a second batch later – this may keep the danger to a minimum!!
- Better than a breath mint… (evaskitschenart.wordpress.com)
- Try This: Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies With Peanut Butter (comeawayochildren.wordpress.com)
- Trail Mix Cookies (theovenmitt.com)
- Snickerdoodle Brownies (thrivefarm.wordpress.com)
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies (kitchen-chronicles.com)
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies with Dried Cherries (mixitup.me)