Happy Mother’s Day Mom!
Growing up I was an extremely picky eater so their is a handful of things that I remember eating that I really loved. One of those was my Mom’s Egg Salad.
My hubby was asking me to make Egg Salad so I called my Mom to ask her for the recipe. She didn’t have to look it up because she doesn’t have it written down, she just goes from memory. It’s a super simple recipe, and as delicious as I remember!
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons of mayo
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- few sprinkles of sweet paprika
Cube eggs add rest of ingredients in bowl, stir! DONE!
I like to serve it on toasted cocktail bread, with a sprinkling of parsley. I have been serving it before dinner as an appetizer for the boys.
- Best Way to Chop Egg for Egg Salad (planetpookie.com)
- Egg Salad (mountainmae.wordpress.com)
- Egg Salad made with Leftover Easter Eggs (cookinfood.com)