- 3 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- food coloring – optional
In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt
In mixer blend butter and sugar. Add egg, milk, vanilla and zest while mixer is running.
Add flour mixture to butter mixture, blend completely.
Divide dough in two balls and wrap in plastic wrap and flatten into disks. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Meanwhile preheat oven 375 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.
Lay out one disk of dough on floured surface and roll to 1/4″ thick, using cookie cutter cut out cookies and lay on baking sheet. Leave about 1 1/2″ space in between cookies. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Put remaining dough back into the fridge to cool. Continue until dough is gone.
Let cookies cool completely before icing.
Meanwhile mix powdered sugar and remaining ingredients in bowl and blend until smooth. Divide icing into separate bowls if you plan on using food coloring. Add a drop of color to each separatel bowl of icing.
Store in refrigerator or freeze up to 2 months.
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies (wherefloursbloom.wordpress.com)
- refrigerator cookies with lemony frosting (movitabeaucoup.com)