I hope all you Father’s out there have a wonderful Day!
I will be grilling up some protein for my hubby! He likes good grilled food. My kind of man! He choose to have ribs on his day. I will be placing the ribs on a broiling pan, with the bottom of the pan filled with water. I will set the oven at 200 degrees and cook the ribs for at least 2 hours. While the ribs are cooking I will make up a batch of barbecue sauce.
When I am ready to grill I will throw the ribs on a hot grill and immediately start slathering them with the sauce. Flip turn and repeat. You are not cooking the ribs, they have already cooked in the oven, you are just adding that final fabulous layer of sauce. YUM!
To honor my Father on Father’s Day, I found this list of proverb’s on CrazyKens and wanted to share it, when I read it, it made me think of my Dad and how he probably said a few of these lines in his life (probably to me and my siblings) and would enjoy reading the list.
I bet a few might remind you of your dear ol’ Dad. Enjoy your day!
An Old Farmer’s Advice:
* Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.
* Keep skunks and bankers and lawyers at a distance.
* Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
* A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
* Words that soak into your ears are whispered…not yelled.
* Meanness don’t jes’ happen overnight.
* Forgive your enemies. It messes up their heads.
* Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.
* It don’t take a very big person to carry a grudge.
* You cannot unsay a cruel word.
* Every path has a few puddles.
* When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
* The best sermons are lived, not preached.
* Most of the stuff people worry about ain’t never gonna happen anyway.
* Don’t judge folks by their relatives.
* Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
* Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.
* Don’t interfere with somethin’ that ain’t botherin’ you none.
* Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
* If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’.
* Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
* The biggest troublemaker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin’.
* Always drink upstream from the herd.
* Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.
* Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin’ it back in.
* If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around.
* Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
- Father’s Day (reclaimingourchildren.typepad.com)
- A Fathers Day Tribute (baarbaarathesheep.wordpress.com)
- Five Father’s Day Fun Facts To Share This Year (bounceandslidetexas.wordpress.com)
- Father’s Day Messages (wabc.typepad.com)
- Make Dad’s day (thegazette.com)
- The evolution of our Father’s Day barbeque (with our treasured corn cake recipe) (timesunion.com)