I picked my first Zucchini. Which means my counters will be covered with the little green guys very soon. This is the first recipe I made with my first Zucchini.
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon slat
- 8 tablespoon cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1 large Zucchini, sliced into 1/4″ thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon torn basil leaves
In a food processor blend together flour, salt and butter until mixture is size of tiny peas. In a small bowl whisk sour cream, lemon juice and water and add to flour mixture. Using your hands mix until blended.
Pat into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Place Zucchini slices on several paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 30 minutes to allow Zucchini to sweat. After 30 minutes blot Zucchini with paper towel to remove moisture.
Place minced garlic with olive oil in a small bowl.
In a medium bowl blend cheeses, egg. salt and pepper and 1 1/2 teaspoon of garlic mixture.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On floured surface roll out dough into 12 round. Place in 10″ tart shell and push up sides and bottom of tin.
Place cheese mixture on bottom of tart and lightly push to cover bottom of shell. Arrange zucchini slices in circle over filling. Drizzle remaining garlic oil over top.
Bake for 35-39 minutes.
Remove from oven sprinkle with basil, let stand for 10 minutes before cutting to serve. can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Food: Zucchini Blossom Mini Quiches (southernnomad.typepad.com)
- Recipe for Zucchini Bake with Feta and Thyme (kalynskitchen.com)
- Zucchini Three Ways (jewishpress.com)
- Cheesy Zucchini Bites (fitnessandhealthylivingtips.com)