This is a simple cupcake recipe that everyone will enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips (11 oz)
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, boiling
- 8 tablespoon chilled unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Jimmies or Sprinkles (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners and spray with baking spray.
Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in bowl.
Whisk eggs and vanilla together. Whisk in sugar until combined. Add melted butter in thirds until blended. Add buttermilk.
Sift in one third of flour mixture and stir to lightly blend. Stir gently until smooth. Do not over mix.
Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake for 18-22 minutes.
Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
Place chocolate, corn syrup and salt in a food processor. Blend for a minute. While running slowly pour cream through feed tube and process an additional minute.
Add confectioners sugar let processor run 30 seconds and add butter while running one piece at a time. Process until chocolate is smooth.
Let sit at room temperature for a hour before frosting cupcakes. Stirring occasionally until thick.
Store extra in refrigerator.
Take a spoon and drizzle frosting on cupcake. Top with jimmies or sprinkles.
- Orange-Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Fudge Frosting (ahealthylifeforme.com)
- Lemon Cupcakes (ahealthylifeforme.com)
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes (rollingsin.wordpress.com)
- Cupcake Tuesday-Mocha Cupcakes! (hairbowsandbutter.wordpress.com)