- 1 small red onion, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined large raw shrimp
Toss onion, vinegar, oregano and 1 teaspoon salt in a shallow glass bowl.
Simmer oil, bay leaf, garlic and peppercorns in a small sauce map for 10 minutes over low-medium heat. Remove and set aside.
Add shrimp to large pot of well salted boiling water, remove pan from heat and let shrimp sit in hot water until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Remove shrimp from water and add to onion mixture in glass bowl. Top with oil mixture. Stir to combine. When completely cooled, cover and place in refrigerator for at least 12 hours up to 2 days. Stirring occasionally.
Oil will solidify while in the fridge, so let sit out on the counter for about 30 minutes. Give it a good stir before serving!
- Grilled Buffalo-Barbecue Shrimp with Blue Cheese Dip (ahealthylifeforme.com)
- Shrimp salad with cilantro, avocado & lime (What I Ate: Day 35) (thehappiestplate.com)
- Featured Recipe: Rosemary Shrimp Skewers with Arugula-White Bean Salad (fitnesslovingmom.com)
- Paleo Proscuitto Wrapped Shrimp Skewers (fitchicla.net)