Here is a yummy and fun way to use up your peaches for a Saturday Night Cocktail!!
Thyme-Infused Brown Sugar Simple Syrup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 small stems of thyme
- 1 cup water
- 3-4 medium peaches, peeled and pited
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups peach nectar
- 4-6 teaspoons simple syrup (depends on how sweet you like it)
- 1 cup sparkling water
For Simple Syrup:
Combine all ingredients in a small pot bring to a quick boil remove from heat stir and let steep for at least 5 minutes or until all sugar is dissolved. Remove thyme leaves and reserve. You can serve this with your tea or coffee as a sweetener.
For Peach Mix:
Place peeled peaches, extract, nectar and syrup in a food processor and puree.
In a vodka shaker add ice, 1.5 ounces of puree and 1.5 ounces of vodka and an ounce of sparkling water. Shake and serve.
- Peaches & Cream Crepes for Two (modestexaggeration.wordpress.com)
- Cocktail 101: More Complex Shrub Syrups (drinks.seriouseats.com)
- Perfect Peach Cake (ahealthylifeforme.com)
- How To Save Summer Herbs for a Winter Cocktail by Jacqueline S. (wineenthusiast.com)
- Recipe: Summertime Watermelon Sangria (domestocrat.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Cocktail #21: The Bellini (putneyfarm.com)
- Weekly Cocktail #23: The Daiquiri (putneyfarm.com)
- Simple summer fruit recipes (telegraph.co.uk)
- Coconut infused simple syrup? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Simple syrups and a summer cocktail (blackberriesandbloodoranges.com)
- Simple Syrup (mixologized.wordpress.com)