I received a new award from Emma at Miss Apis Mellifera. I would like to formally thank Emma for nominating my little ol’ blog for this award. If you have time stop over and visit Emma at her blog Miss Apis Mellifera. She is located in London and loves her bees and has a wicked sense of humor. Its a great blog for photos and information on bee keeping, and adventures through London.
The Sunshine Award is a bit like the Oscars – you need to give an acceptance speech! So says Emma…
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Answer questions about yourself, which seem to vary – let’s keep a little mystery!
- Nominate 10 bloggers for the award and let them know they’ve received it.
- Favorite number – 14
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink – cappachino
- Favorite animal – Dogs, but most animals hold a place in my heart
- Facebook or Twitter? Facebook, but I am working on being better at Twitter.
- My passion – Nature. Animals, plants and the beauty around me is inspiring!
- Favorite day of the week – Sunday, its the day my family is home and relaxed!
- Favorite flower – Calla
My nominees for this Sunshine Awards are selected from bloggers who have a similar passion as mine. One being Chickens… drum roll please….
- Teresa at A Table in the Sun shares stories about their little corner of California. She shares recipes, gardening tips, stories about her hens, daschund and her quarter horses. Her hens provide her entertainment with their escape attempts and success.
- Looking Out the Window quotes Jane Austen on her homepage. You gotta love that! She is based out of Montana and shares her beautiful photos with you along with the stories of her flock of chickens. She raises her chickens for eggs and meat. EEK, brave woman.
- Sharon at The Pyjama Gardener is great! I love her garden in England, it is BEAUTIFUL! She has chickens and one of her favorites is the her lovely hen who has one eye. Having a hen myself with sight in one eye, I knew I found a kindred soul Plus she gardens in her Pajamas! Love her!
- Michele at The Salem Garden is based out of you guessed it Salem, Massachusets and loves sharing pics of her garden, local parks and her travels with her beautiful family and of course her chickens. Her site is fairly new so stop over and show her some love.
- Space Farm Continuum is a new blog for me to follow. They hooked me with their up close pics of the hens. Oh yea and their picture of a chicken is space. What more is their to say, they obviously love their chickens.
- FARMHOUSE38 is a look at how Kate’s making her home feel like a farm in the city of Los Angeles. The blog is beautiful, Kate is a graphic and web designer and she is pretty darn good at it! They just got their first egg from their little girls, and proudly display it! Stop over and say “hi”.
- Dan at Soulsby Farm is running a farm and started a non-profit organization called Project Garden Share that helps connect individuals in need of food with people who grow gardens. Raising only Golden Comet Hens along with fields of produce keeps them busy.
- Life With the Ex-Batts is a passionate campaigner for the little battery hen, help out at rescues and in particular try to highlight their plight by writing articles about them and raising awareness wherever I go. The names she has given her chickens is awesome! Obviously a kind soul.
- Justine at Aoxa’s Chickens is serious, she shows and breeds her chickens and they are some beautiful ladies and handsome gents! She has interesting looking breeds, so its worth stopping by just to smile at her pics. Skittles is my favorite so far! Go Skittles!! Oh and by the way she has Ducks, Geese and Turkeys too.
- Diane at Garden Sunshine is in Ontario, Canada and gardening organically and raising her hens with motivational posters. I grew up watching the Muppets on Saturday afternoon and when I saw she hung a poster of the Chef from the Muppets to keep her hens in line – I was hooked. You will be too, go visit!
Congrats everyone! I enjoy your blogs and I know the time and energy blogging takes, so keep up the good work. You are appreciated!!