I just read a book where a bartender asked a girl if she liked girlie drinks or manly drinks. I realized, I am a total girlie girl drinker. He said girls that drink manly drinks have moxie. I personally think I am a girl with a lot of moxie, so I needed a manly drink that I could order up. Now I know what your thinking, this is not a manly drink, but I am going to disagree…. there is bourbon in it after all!
makes 2 drinks
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup of boiling water
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) bourbon
- 1 1/2 lemons, juiced, about 4 tablespoons
Put water in small mixing bowl and microwave for 40 seconds until boiling.
Add honey and whisk vigorously until they form a thin syrup. Whisk in the bourbon and lemon juice. Mixture can be refrigerated until ready to serve.
To serve, shake vigorously with ice in a cocktail shaker. Strain over a big ice cube in a rocks glass.
- Drink up, Y’all: The Julia Sugarbaker (persephonemagazine.com)
- Summertime Delight (lanina25.com)
- Cool as Ice: Tequila + Pineapple-Chili (redvelvetandwhiskey.com)
- Bonus Cocktail: Scott’s Manhattan (putneyfarm.com)