This is a decadent cake, my only gripe is it sitting in my house! I really wish you would come over here and help me get rid of it! Enjoy!!
18 ounces good quality at-least 60% bittersweet chocolate chips,divided
2/3 cups vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
1 1/2 cup strong black coffee
3 1/3 cups sugar, divided
3 cups cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
8 ounces softened cream cheese
1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1 cup heavy cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 10-12 cup bundt pan and dust with cocoa powder.
In a medium bowl melt 8 ounces of the chocolate in microwave for 2 minutes. Add vegetable oil. Set aside to cool slightly.
Combine dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just incorporated.
Pour half of the chocolate cake mixture in to the bundt pan. Top that with the coconut/cream cheese mixture and then top that with the remaining cake mixture.
Bake on the center rack of a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
Cool the cake in the bundt pan on a wire rack for 10 mintues. Invert the cake on a serving plate to cool further.
While cake is cooling, bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Remove from heat and whisk in 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate until smooth. Set aside to cool.
Once the cake has cooled, drizzle or pour (depending on how much icing you want) the ganache on to the cake.
- Moist Chocolate Sponge Cake (meghnaskitchen.wordpress.com)
- The beauty of chocolate ganache (edibletimes.com)
- Hula Tropical Bundt Cake (mybestcookbook.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Orange Christmas Bundt (measuringspoons.wordpress.com)
- The Secret Recipe Club: Mascarpone Brownies (bewitchingkitchen.com)
- Chocolate Ganache (measuringspoons.wordpress.com)
- Coco Chocolate Chip Cookies: baked mounds bar (grazingbears.com)