I don’t know about you but I love corn. My favorite is the bi-colored variety! When I went into Whole Foods this last week they had corn as the feature item of the week. I couldn’t resist and picked up a few ears.
I always found grilling corn a little daunting when it is so easy to boil it. I finally gave it a shot and I can say without a doubt it is well worth the tiny bit of extra time it takes to grill it. It really was very simple and the nutty taste you get with the corn being grilled is heavenly!!
You can make the butter ahead of time. My rule of thumb was a tablespoon of butter for every ear of corn. I still had a few tablespoons of the butter mix left over and threw it in the fridge, I plan on using it to sear my fish and top my veggies at tomorrow nights dinner.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 generous tablespoons chopped Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoons flaky sea salt
Butter: Add butter, chopped cilantro and lemon peel and stir to combine. You can leave at room temperature or place back in refrigerator if you plan on using later.
Prep the corn: Peel the husks back, leaving the husks attached at the base. Remove the silks by pulling away, you can use a damp dish towel to rub corn to remove any stubborn strands. Pull husks back up over corn ears to cover again. Use a piece of kitchen twine to tie the husks together around the top of the corn.
Turn a grill to high and close the lid. Lower the heat to medium-high. Place the corn on the grill rack and grill in the husk until the kernels are tender and the husk is blackened, about 35 minutes.
Set aside to cool slightly, remove string and then peel the corn and brush with the butter.
Sprinkle with the chili powder, season with the sea salt and serve.
- The Easiest Way to Grill Corn on the Cob (simplystated.realsimple.com)
- Cape Cod Family Traditions and Corn Husk Roasted Flounder (johannaelsemore.com)
- Corn Fresh from the Farm! (jenhaugenrd.wordpress.com)
- Grilled Corn with Chipotle-Lime Butter (totalbodyclient.com)
- Corn and Tomatoes (theacupunc.com)
- Spicy Grilled Corn (mamasgottabake.wordpress.com)
- Corn on the Cob: 3 Ways (abeautifulmess.com)