The weather is back to being cold and I have started thinking about Thanksgiving recipes. We host a Thanksgiving Dinner Party every year and I wanted to come up with a great fun cocktail that we could serve. I have been working on a healthy pumpkin bread recipe and there has been plenty of pumpkin puree on hand. So cocktail + pumpkin puree = Pumpkin Martini.
I used coconut-almond milk which is what I have in the refrigerator (totally recommend it), but you could substitute with what ever milk you have on hand. I added a sprinkle of red pepper over top and it really added a nice little zing.
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon almond-coconut milk
- ½ ounce Cointreau
- 1½ ounce coconut tequila (regular tequila is fine)
- Fresh Ice
- Cinnamon stick (optional)
- sprinkle cinnamon
- sprinkle red pepper
- Put pumpkin puree, milk, Cointreau, Tequila, and Ice in a Martini Shaker and shake too cool and blend.
- Pour into a martini glass.
- Add cinnamon stick for fun.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and red pepper over top.