Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are a moist perfectly flavored carrot cake recipe, topped with a luscious cream cheese frosting.
While making these beautiful and might I say moist and delicious Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting I flipped on the T.V. and Somethings Gotta Give was playing. Besides laughing out loud (I am a really loud laughter) I also had to keep wiping the drool off my chin. I love that house.
I mean really if you were going to have a beach house, wouldn’t it be that one.
Wouldn’t you want that adorable french grocery store that you could travel to, to buy your grocery’s and wouldn’t you want to speak french while you ordered your pastries? I mean really is that too much to wish for? I didn’t think so….
I’m going to go eat my cupcakes and dream away….
- [br][b]Cupcake Ingredients:[/b]
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 3 cups carrots, peeled & grated (I usually cheat and buy the bag of grated carrots)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- [br][b]Cream Cheese Frosting:[/b]
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softned
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softned
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line 2- 12 muffin tin with liners and spray liners with non-stick baking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt in large bowl and set aside.
- Blend sugars and eggs in mixer until combined. With mixer running add oil allow to mix then add carrots allow to mix then add dry ingredients and mix.
- Scoop into muffin liners almost to top and bake on middle rack of oven for 30-35 minutes, until top is golden brown and center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cook completely before frosting.
- In a mixer add cream cheese, butter, sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth, then add sifted confectioners sugar while running on slow. Blend until smooth. Place frosting in a frosting bag or ziploc bag with corner snipped