With all the media coverage about the harsh and damaging chemicals that are in our beauty products, I thought I would give this little DIY craft a shot. Making for a great stocking stuffer or gift addition for friends and family. I placed a tin on each of my families night stand. Gotta keep those puckers soft over the harsh winters.
This was the easiest craft, it took from start to finish (including printing the labels) 30 minutes. I included the my design at the bottom of the post.
I ordered my supplies from Lip Balm Tubes. I used my own Organic Coconut Oil and Honey.
- Beeswax pellets
- Essential Oil (your choice)
- Lip Balm Tins
- Ink Jet Labels
- 8 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 3 tablespoons Beeswax pellets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Raw Honey
- 30 drops essential oil (I used cinnamon)
- 30 lip balm tins
- Set a small saucepan filled with several inches of water over low simmer.
- Place Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Honey and Essential oil in a medium glass bowl and set bowl on top of pan filled with simmering water.
- Heat and stir occasionally for 15 minutes.
- The Beeswax pellets will take the longest to melt.
- Meanwhile, open your tins, print your labels.
- Once everything is melted take off heat, but keep glass bowl on saucepan so that your ingredients don’t harden.
- Using a dropper fill each tin almost to the top.
- All your balm will be harden with in 5 minutes.
- Once they are cool, slide lids back on.
- Place sticker on each tin.
- Your done, easy peasy