Grilled Peaches with Cream and Honey is a great way to enjoy seasonal peaches.
Peaches oh how I love them. They are such a magical fruit, they smell just as good as they taste. Plus they are one of the easiest fruit to cook with throughout summer. I have been grilling peaches and plums for years, and I always forget how darn easy it is and what an elegant dessert you end up with. This version is pretty healthy too, except for the sugar and cream the ingredients all have great health benefits. If you are set against the sugar and cream, omit the sugar and substitute yogurt for the cream.
Though with the cream this is a dynamite little treat. Just saying!
When picking your peaches for this dessert, you want them soft but not too soft. Yea, not really helpful, huh. See if this helps…if your peaches are really soft they will fall apart during or after cooking so you want to pick a fruit that has a slight give to the flesh but not rock hard. Avoid fruit with green around the stem (they aren’t fully ripe) or that have shriveled skin (they’re old). Most importantly, pick a peach like your grandmother did, smell the peach and if it smells like how you hope it will taste, you have found a perfect peach!
Of course, use local honey, especially now as your local beekeepers should be selling this years harvest at the farmers market.
- 4 Fresh Peaches, not too soft
- 1 tablespoon organic pure cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup whipping cream (I used cool whip)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoon chopped walnut
- Cut peaches in half and remove pits.
- Sprinkle cut side of peaches with sugar.
- Heat grill to medium.
- When grill is hot place coconut oil on paper towel and rub oil over hot grates of grill.
- Place peaches cut side down and cook 4-5 minutes or until grill marks appear.
- Flip peaches and cook an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Remove peaches and place on platter cut side up.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons whipped cream in center of each peach.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon over each and a generous drizzle of honey.
- Top with walnuts and enjoy.
You might also like: