I love Omelets, and cooking them crepe style gives you a Healthy Omelet Crepe Style the is perfect for enjoying your omelet while running out the door.
In my opinion, breakfast should be healthy quick and easy to prepare. Since I am not much of a morning person, quick and easy is of the up most importance. This is an elegant way to serve up an omelet that is finished in under 10 minutes. You can make up the basil pesto ahead of time and freeze it in the ice-cube tray. An individual cube is a perfect size to use on about 4 omelets. It takes around 30 ish minutes for the basil to thaw to ready to use. If you are worried about this extra time, place the basil in a bowl overnight in the refrigerator to thaw. If the basil looks brown in the morning, use a spoon to skim off the top layer and discard, underneath will be the beautiful green. Grab the recipe for basil pesto (here)
You can put what ever ingredients you like inside. It would be great to put out an assortment of ingredients in bowls and then let your family or guests stuff their own egg crepes with what they like.
On another note, I have joined an online video tutorial group and have been practicing at my videography skills. YIKES, it has not been pretty, but I am learning a lot and hopefully my videos will become better through all the tutelage. If you guys would like a video on a certain “how to” in the kitchen let me know. I plan on doing a bunch of quick “how to.. chop an onion, chop herbs, etc.” so any suggestions would be welcomed.
To say “Thank you” to my wonderful video professors I would like to share their blog, Chez Us out of sunny California, which is filled with a beautiful assortment of delicious recipes. Please take a second to stop on over and check them out and maybe say “hello.”
Healthy Omelet Crepe Style
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto recipe here
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup mixed greens
- 1 tablespoon sour cream or ricotta
- In a small bowl whisk eggs until bubbles form
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add eggs to hot pan and swirl
- After about 1 minute sprinkle chopped chives over eggs.
- Once eggs start to pull away from edges of pan, remove pan from heat and gently slide eggs onto cutting board.
- Add pesto and using back of spoon spread
- Add feta in even layer over pesto
- Add diced tomatoes in layer of feta
- Drop on greens
- Add dollop of sour cream or ricotta
- At one end start to roll egg crepe over ingredients, working away from you, tucking ingredients as you go.
- Once you have egg crepe rolled up, slice and serve.