I wanted to update and repost this recipe. Over the weekend, my hubby brought home salmon from Costco and requested I make these burgers. I didn’t have any peppers on hand, so I went with what I had. Asparagus, I diced up 5 spears and added them to the Salmon mix, I also added 1/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan. I followed the recipe from there, they were delicious! I preferred it to the peppers! I like the added health benefit of the asparagus being in the burgers. Plus I sneak more veggies on Jacob’s plate-always a challenge! 🙂
These babies are delicious! I am always looking for a different way to cook up Salmon and this is easy and a crowd pleaser!
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs (Japanese bread crumb)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds salmon fillets, skinned and finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 8 tablespoon of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Sandwich Thin (Multi-Grain) Roll
- Yogurt Dill Sauce (Recipe below)
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- 1 Avocado, sliced thin
1. In a medium bowl, combine peppers, Panko, garlic, and salmon.
2. In a small bowl, combine egg, soy sauce, lemon juice, and salt; add to pepper mixture, tossing gently to combine.
3. Form mixture into 8 patties and place on plate. (Can be made earlier in day and refrigerated until ready to cook).
4. Lightly coat a grill pan or skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Grill or cook patties, 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Transfer to broiler pan. Top each burger with grated Parmesan cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes on middle oven rack.
5. Let burgers cool slightly, and place on bun. Top each burger with a spoonful of Yogurt Sauce. Top each with a lettuce leaf, tomato slice, and a few slices of Avocado and salmon patty
Yogurt Dill Sauce
- 1 cup yogurt, low-fat strained (Greek-style
- 1 clove garlic (small, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel (finely grated)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
In a small bowl, mix yogurt with garlic, fresh dill, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Salmon Burgers (thebitesizedbaker.wordpress.com)
- Glazed Salmon (goingbackwards.wordpress.com)
- Seared Panko Breaded Cod with a Lemon and Chive Butter Sauce (delightfulnibbles.com)
- Salmon and Spinach Stuffed Portabellas (joesprimalscream.com)
- Salmon with Tzatziki Sauce (thebitesizedbaker.wordpress.com)