This Salmon with Quinoa Feta and Spinach is sure to become a family favorite. It is delicious, easy and done in under 30 minutes, but more importantly, it is loaded with healthy grains, seeds, nuts and lean protein. A dish to make you feel good while you are enjoying eating it.
When you write your own recipes, you have to not only think about ingredients, measurements, but titles. I really wanted to call this one the Superfood Bonanza Bowl, but at the last minute went with a more conservative title. I have made this Salmon with Quinoa Feta and Spinach, so many times since I wrote the recipe and took these pictures. This is an AWESOME recipe. Bold statement I know, but I am patting myself on the back without any guilt. This is a simple recipe to prepare, it takes 25 minutes start to finish and once you make it a time or two even less. It is loaded with so many healthy ingredients I could prescribe it to make your body feel better and it tastes nummy! Every ingredient in this recipe (except for the feta cheese) is on the list of Superfoods, and you know I love Superfoods.
In order for a food to be labeled a Superfood, it must offer specific health benefits above and beyond its normal nutritional value. Superfoods work together synergistically with your body systems, nourishing you at the cellular level for optimal health benefits.
Please give it a try and tell me if you love it as much as we do here in the Stafford house. I betchya’ it will become one of your go-to recipes.
Bonus: you can make this ahead of time and serve chilled if you like (great for lunch) though we all agree here that we prefer it warm.
Also, I get asked a lot where I like to buy my Salmon. I am a fan of Whole Foods Salmon, there really is a difference in the quality.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12-15 asparagus spears, cut in 1″ dice
- 1 cup dried sprouted trio quinoa, cooked according to directions
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 2 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 2 tablespoon diced parsley
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned salmon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place salmon on sheet and sprinkle top of salmon with cayenne pepper and lemon pepper seasoning. Squeeze 1/2 of lemon over top. Let sit.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt coconut oil. Add diced onions and cook stirring for 5 minutes, toss a pinch of kosher salt.
- Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds to heat.
- Add asparagus spears and cook 3-5 minutes stirring to cook. Will become vibrant green.
- Dump ingredients into large bowl.
- Place salmon in oven for 15 minutes on rack in middle of oven.
- Add quinoa to small saucepan of boiling water and a pinch of kosher salt, cover and turn down to simmer for 12 minutes.
- When quinoa is done, remove from heat and add spinach to top of quinoa put lid back on and let steam for 3-5 minutes, or until spinach starts to wilt.
- Add spinach and quinoa to asparagus and toss.
- Add chia seeds, 1/2 lemon juice, olive oil, almonds, feta cheese, parsley, egg and salt and pepper to bowl of asparagus.
- Toss to coat ingredients.
- Place a portion of quinoa in large bowl or plate and top with a salmon fillet.