These White Peach Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Frosting are a sweet, mouthful of summer. Peaches remind everyone of summer and the brown sugar that is both in the cupcake and frosting just highlights the delicious Peach flavor. You can use regular peaches as well.
Follow me on Bloglovin | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
I have to tell you these are the some of the best cupcakes I have ever made. I think its the icing that allows me to make this statement, but the cake part is perfectly flavored and moist, so its not a chump.
I promise you, you will be quite happy if you whip up a batch. Jim and I went out to dinner on Saturday and there was a delay in us getting our order so our waiter wanted to buy us dessert, I declined. Why? As I told Jim I have the best cupcakes waiting at home for me.
The beautiful white peaches I found at the store are what inspired me. I brought them home and wanted to make something sweet. You can substitute with regular peaches, the white are just a bit more flavorful. See note below.
I had been a good girl all week, working out and eating well and I wanted to indulge. These cupcakes are an indulgence with the sweetness of summer. I sent several boxes out into the world to share the love and prevent me from indulging too much.
Note: White-fleshed peaches are lower in acid and taste sweet whether firm or soft. I think because of the floral sweetness of the white peaches helped make these a little special. However, yellow peaches will work just as well.
- • 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- • 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- • 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- • 1/3 light brown sugar, packed
- • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • ¾ cup full-fat yogurt
- 1 cup of diced fresh peaches (this took 2 small peaches) , skinned, pitted and cut into ½” dice
- • 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- • 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
- • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars together, beating until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl between each addition, and then the vanilla.
- Gently mix in the buttermilk, sour cream or yogurt. Stir in the dry ingredients and fold in the peach chunks.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of cupcakes comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool on rack
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add the sugar-cornstarch mixture and vanilla, beat until frosting is smooth and light. Make sure there are no brown sugar clumps left.
- Chill the bowl in the refrigerator until it thickens back up a bit, about 30 minutes, then spread or dollop on cooled cupcakes.