Zucchini Bread always the perfect way to use up an excess of garden zucchini. Add in some chocolate and you have a perfectly moist and delicious bread.
Yes, another Zucchini recipe.
Really can you have to many zucchini recipes?? Nope, not when its summer time and the garden is exploding.
Zucchini plants will take over if you don’t lasso them back. I usually plant four plants (more than I need) each year, mostly so I have an abundance to make this bread. Speaking of this bread, it really is delicious and mois.
I usually don’t put in nuts in this bread, which is a personal preference, but I always add the chocolate. This bread freezes really really well and I always have several loaves in the freezer. A loaf of this bread makes a great present to neighbor or friend. They will ask you for the recipe, so make sure you save it or pin it.
Another reason to love this recipe is the ease which you can throw it together, you don’t need a mixer and only two bowls, a spoon, grater and your pans.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram or Twitter with #ahealthylifeforme.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ? teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (60%)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans, or spray with baking spray. Alternately, line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Mix in oil and sugar, then zucchini and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt, as well as nuts, chocolate chips in another bowl.
- Stir flour into egg mixture.
- Divide the batter into prepared pans.
- Bake loaves for 60 minutes, plus or minus ten, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Muffins will bake far more quickly, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.