Cinnamon Sugar Muffins taste just like a donut, but are baked and much easier to make.
If you have never had these muffins, be prepared to fall in love! Yes, they are that good because they taste just like a cinnamon donuts.
Yes, a donut and you can make them at home in no time at all. You don’t even need a mixer, just two bowls a muffin tin, fork and the ingredients. These would be perfect to make for kids on Saturday morning after a sleep over or for Sunday brunch. They will last for a 2-3 days covered on the counter, or a week in the refrigerator and re-heated, gently. They are best the day they are made.
- 1-¾ cup flour
- 1-½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ? cup oil
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Spray one 12 cup muffin tin generously with baking spray.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, egg and milk.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to combine.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt butter in a medium bowl, in a separate bowl blend sugar and cinnamon evenly.
- As soon as you remove muffins from oven, gently remove from muffin tin. If they seem to be sticking to pan, run knife around edge to help release.
- One at a time roll muffin in butter than transfer and roll in cinnamon – sugar mix.
- Place on rack to continue cooling.