Mini Snickerdoodle Croissant Cookie is simple to make, but looks and tastes like it came from a french bakery.
If you follow me here you know my Mother n Law is Sicilian and she can cook and she can bake. I am still trying to get her cannoli recipe from her. I learned quickly once I was married that my husband appreciates a good meal and a great treat and he has very high standards of both. He is not afraid to tell me if he doesn’t like something and I have had to learn to take the good with the bad when it comes to his critique of my cooking.
What I can tell you is that he LIKES these cookies, really likes them. I have to hide them if I want to give away a few to friends, or gasp enjoy a few for myself.
I hope you try these little darlings because I am sure you and your lovelies will enjoy them.
Mini Snickerdoodle Croissant with a Dark side
- 6 ounces package of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pecan chips toasted
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Powdered sugar
- In an electric mixing bowl beat cream cheese and butter on medium speed until blended.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Beat until combined, scrape down sides to blend in any missing ingredients
- Add flour and mix
- Divide dough into three equal portions and flatten into disk.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast nuts and cool.
- In a small bowl combine all filling ingredients and stir.
- Lightly flour surface and roll each portio of dough into a 9" circle.
- Lightly brush each round with milk.
- Sprinkle filling mix evenly over each dough circle, leaving a 1/2" border.
- Using pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut into to triangular pieces. Roll up only end to tip.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment 1" apart. Bake for 14-16 minutes, until bottoms are light brown.
- Place cookie sheets on wire rack to cool. When cool dust with Powdered sugar.