This Turkey Chili is gluten free, low calorie and delicious. Perfect for your fall dinner, tailgating, or Sunday Dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 bell pepper or Poblano diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1-2 finely chopped Serrano or Jalapeño peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic diced
- 2 14 1/2-ounce cans petite cut diced tomatoes
- 1 15 1/2-ounce can red kidney beans
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans
- 1 cup medium/hot salsa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
Heat oil in large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until the turkey is browned, about 6 minutes. Add the peppers, onion, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, beans, salsa, chili powder, cumin, and salt, bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are blended and the chili begins to thicken, about 1 hour. Serve with the cheese and scallions.