White Peach Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Frosting
These White Peach Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Frosting are a sweet, nibble of summer.
Peaches remind everyone of summer, so let's enjoy them in a cupcake topped with brown sugar frosting.
Prep Time15 minutes mins
Cook Time22 minutes mins
Total Time37 minutes mins
Keyword: Frosting, Peaches
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup full-fat yogurt
- 1 cup of diced fresh peaches this took 2 small peaches , skinned, pitted and cut into ½” dice
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8- ounce packages of cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg and set aside.
Cream the butter and sugars together, beating until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl between each addition, and then the vanilla.
Gently mix in the buttermilk, sour cream or yogurt. Stir in the dry ingredients and fold in the peach chunks.
Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cupcake liners.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of cupcakes comes out clean.
Let cupcakes cool on rack
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
Add the sugar-cornstarch mixture and vanilla, beat until frosting is smooth and light. Make sure there are no brown sugar clumps left.
Chill the bowl in the refrigerator until it thickens back up a bit, about 30 minutes, then spread or dollop on cooled cupcakes.