These White Peach Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Frosting are a sweet, nibble of summer.
Peaches remind everyone of summer, so let’s enjoy them in a cupcake topped with brown sugar frosting.
These are the BEST White Peach Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Frosting.
I have to tell you these are the some of the best cupcakes I have ever made. I think it’s the icing that allows me to make this statement, but the cake part is perfectly flavored and moist, so its not a chump.
I promise you, you will be quite happy if you whip up a batch. Jim and I went out to dinner on Saturday and there was a delay in us getting our order so our waiter wanted to buy us dessert, I declined. Why? As I told Jim I have the best cupcakes waiting at home for me.
Why you want to make these Cupcakes.
The beautiful white peaches I found at the store are what inspired me. I brought them home and wanted to make something sweet. You can substitute with regular peaches, the white are just a bit more flavorful. See note below.
I had been a good girl all week, working out and eating well and I wanted to indulge. These cupcakes are an indulgence with the sweetness of summer. I sent several boxes out into the world to share the love and prevent me from indulging too much.
Note: White-fleshed peaches are lower in acid and taste sweet whether firm or soft. I think because of the floral sweetness of the white peaches helped make these a little special. However, yellow peaches will work just as well.
Other Peach Recipes you want to try:
White Peach Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Frosting
- Muffin Tin
- Electric Mixer
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup full-fat yogurt
- 1 cup of diced fresh peaches this took 2 small peaches , skinned, pitted and cut into ½” dice
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8- ounce packages of cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars together, beating until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl between each addition, and then the vanilla.
- Gently mix in the buttermilk, sour cream or yogurt. Stir in the dry ingredients and fold in the peach chunks.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of cupcakes comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool on rack
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add the sugar-cornstarch mixture and vanilla, beat until frosting is smooth and light. Make sure there are no brown sugar clumps left.
- Chill the bowl in the refrigerator until it thickens back up a bit, about 30 minutes, then spread or dollop on cooled cupcakes.