Double Broccoli Chicken Cheese Casserole loaded with fresh broccoli, lean chicken, salsa and ooey gooey cheese makes for a great easy healthy and delicious dinner recipe.
Last week I got to spend the weekend in New Orleans with my good friend Janet. I haven’t been on a girl trip in a long time, and there is something wonderful about spending time with the girl friend, laughing, talking and relaxing. My husband had been to New Orleans several years ago, and had no interest in a repeat trip, but I had never been and I had wanted to see it for so so long. I have read so many books and seen movies where the plot is set in NOLA. I couldn’t wait to check out the garden district, the Cemetery’s, a plantation and of course the experience at Cafe Du Mond and their famous Beignets. NOLA did not disappoint and Janet and I had a fabulous time, many laughs, plenty of delicious food (way too much) and got a full dose of sister hood.
Now that I am back home, I needed to catch up on work and get back into eating healthy. This Double Broccoli Chicken Cheese Casserole hit the spot. Loaded with broccoli, lean chicken, couscous and Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican.
The creamy broccoli pesto turned out beautiful and is the glue for the recipe. A simple blend of broccoli, almonds, garlic, lemon and Sargento® quick-melting mexican cheese blend that help give the dish a delicious fresh Mexican flavor. This would be wonderful on its own, as a dip for veggies and crackers. A nice addition to the spring menu.
What is your favorite way to use real cheese in your recipes? Topping, blending, melting?
Double Broccoli Chicken Cheese Casserole
- 1 cups Couscous
- 5 cups raw broccoli cut into small florets and stems
- 3 medium garlic cloves. peeled
- 2/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds toasted
- 1/3 cup Sargento Off the Block 4 Cheese Mexican
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup favorite salsa
- 1/2 cup Sargento Off the Block 4 Cheese Mexican
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a 13 x 9” baking dish.
- Cook the broccoli by pouring 3/4 cup water into a large pot and bringing it to a simmer. Add a big pinch of salt and stir in the broccoli. Cover and cook for a minute, just long enough to take the raw edge off. Transfer the broccoli to a strainer and run under cold water until it stops cooking. Set aside.
- To make the broccoli pesto puree two cups of the cooked broccoli, the garlic, 1/2 cup of the almonds, cheese, salt, and lemon juice in a food processor. Drizzle in the olive oil and ricotta and pulse until smooth.
- Add broccoli florets, and pest in a large bowl.
- Cook Couscous according to directions, drain. Add to Broccoli.
- In the same pot you cooked your broccoli and couscous, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and add chicken, cooking to sear the outside, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove and toss in with Couscous and Broccoli.
- Pour content into baking dish spread evenly top with salsa and 1/2 cup cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a side of extra salsa.
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. For more inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page Pinterest.com/sargentocheese/ or visit Sargento.com for more information. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.