Hi, I’m Amy and welcome to A Healthy Life For Me, I am so happy you’re here!
I created this site to share my favorite recipes with you—no fuss recipes made with the freshest ingredients. I also sprinkle in some how-to’s about organic gardening as well as some kick butt fitness workouts that you can do at home.
My recipes are simple enough for the home cook, but delicious enough that you will want to make them again and again.
You can expect to find recipes that are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly, refined sugar free, and soy-free.
So, take a minute to poke around the site. Start by checking out my Recipe Index for menu ideas.
—I hope you find something inspiring to make your day a little extra delicious, healthy and fun.
10 things you may not know about me
- I am a wife and mother of two sons. All three are certified taste testers and critics to the recipe you find here.
- I live in a historic home and designed the remodel of my kitchen myself.
- I have a flock of backyard chickens that free range in my garden.
- I love margaritas, chips and salsa. I know, I know not healthy, but everyone needs a vice.
- I am a crossfit junkie. Yes, I am one of those people who joined the cult and can’t stop talking about it.
- My favorite vegetable to grow in my garden, are beets. They are always a sure thing, and who doesn’t like a sure thing.
- I use to hate Brussels sprouts, but my husband kept forcing me to make up recipes for him. I have come up with so many that now they are one of my favorites.
- 8.Fall is my favorite time of year. The cool nights and changing of the leaves here in the Midwest is always inspiring to me.
- Baking is therapy for me. I love to turn on the T.V and take my time measuring, whipping and baking up cookies, cakes, or bars.
- I was a terrible photographer when I started this blog, but learned quickly if I wanted to succeed here I needed to make my photographs to look as good as my food tasted. Thankfully I know a few amazing photography friends who helped guide me and improve. Which I am still doing.
Portrait Photography by Peggy Joseph Photography. All content on this site is copyright © 2015 Amy Stafford. You are welcome to share a photo and link back to the original recipe giving A Healthy Life For Me full credit. Do not copy and paste and publish the recipe in its entirety on your website.