Hi, I’m Amy and welcome to A Healthy Life For Me, I am so happy you’re here!
I created this site to share my favorite recipes with you—no fuss recipes made with the freshest ingredients. I also sprinkle in some how-tos about organic gardening as well as some kick butt fitness workouts that you can do at home.
My recipes are simple enough for the home cook but delicious enough that you will want to make them again and again.
You can expect to find recipes that are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly, refined sugar-free, and soy-free.
So, take a minute to poke around the site. Start by checking out my Recipe Index for menu ideas.
—I hope you find something inspiring to make your day a little extra delicious, healthy and fun.
10 things you may not know about me
- I am a wife and mother of two sons. All three are certified taste testers and critics to the recipe you find here.
- I live in a historic home and designed the remodel of my kitchen myself.
- I have a flock of backyard chickens that free range in my garden.
- I love margaritas, chips, and salsa. I know, I know not healthy, but everyone needs a vice.
- I am a CrossFit junkie. Yes, I am one of those people who joined the cult and can’t stop talking about it.
- My favorite vegetable to grow in my garden, are beets. They are always a sure thing, and who doesn’t like a sure thing.
- I use to hate Brussels sprouts, but my husband kept forcing me to make up recipes for him. I have come up with so many that now they are one of my favorites.
- Fall is my favorite time of year. The cool nights and changing of the leaves here in the Midwest are always inspiring to me.
- Baking is therapy for me. I love to turn on the T.V and take my time measuring, whipping and baking up cookies, cakes, or bars.
- I was a terrible photographer when I started this blog, but learned quickly if I wanted to succeed here I needed to make my photographs look as good as my food tasted. Thankfully I know a few amazing photography friends who helped guide me and improve. Which I am still doing.
Portrait Photography by Peggy Joseph Photography. All content on this site is copyright © 2015, Amy Stafford. You are welcome to share a photo and link back to the original recipe giving A Healthy Life For Me full credit. Do not copy and paste and publish the recipe in its entirety on your website.
27 comments on “About”
I have learned about cooking and baking by helping my Momma since I’m a kid and I managed to keep free-range chickens by doing a research on how to take care of them and their ‘happy eggs’. But I failed on growing plants, as they say I don’t have a green thumb that’s why my plants won’t grow or bear fruits. While I’m reading your blog it inspired me to try gardening again. Your achievements in the kitchen and garden are my dreams hoping to come true! Keep on inspiring us Amy.. God Bless you and your family.
Darryl, Sounds like you have a nice organic chicken set up. I think everyone has a little green thumb inside them, you just have to follow mother natures rules and you will find success. I hope you give gardening a try, it is so much fun to garden with backyard chickens. Let me know if I can help answer any questions. Good luck, Amy
What a great site! I didn’t realize that you were, among MANY other things a beekeeper!!! Awesome! Can’t wait to try your recipes….I will definitely be a follower.
P.S. Pulling as I write this!
Thanks Barb, Glad you stopped over. Would love your feed back and suggestions on recipes! xo Amy
I had the honor of running track sprints with your lovely son Jimmy tonite. Your sweet guy did a PRE-crew workout with the LuLuLemon run club along with a bunch of sweet collegiate girls (good strategy!) and mommy me. He is so cool and interesting. We talked VO2 Max, rowing diet, your gorgeous blog (my observation!) and how you’ve been such a great support to him.
Just thought you’d enjoy knowing!
So nice of you to write. Jimmy really enjoyed talking to you as well, he was impressed with your workout ethic. Which means you must be in great shape! He is a pretty driven young man, his Dad and I are very proud of him and all that he is trying to accomplish. Jimmy said you are a vegetarian, do you eat cheese, egg, etc? I am trying to post more vegetarian recipes, but somehow cheese seems to find its way in there. Any tricks you find in your cooking that you would be willing to share?
Thanks for visiting.
Hi Amy. I love your about page. Your life looks great! Do you ever share your recipes on Facebook sharing pages. I started a new one if you’d like to take a look. Big picture with a link back to you. https://www.facebook.com/recipesforeveryonetoshare
Thanks Ginny, I will head over and check it out.
I have nominated your blog for the Liebster Award. Please go t the site to participate. Much love and Sunshine! http://lauralovinglife.org/2013/04/18/lauralovinglife-considered-a-liebster/
Dear ★ Amy ★,
I have nominated you/your lovely/shining blog, for the Sunshine Award!
Please pick up your badge and information/rules on how to pass the torch and pay it forward at: http://urbanfoodlover.wordpress.com/2012/12/15/sunshine-award/
Wonderful Holiday Season to you and yours! urbanfoodlover
Hi Amy, I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award.
All the best,
I didn’t notice your Liebster Award when I nominated you…..so…..you’ve been nominated again. Check out other nominees. You are all a fabulous bunch of bloggers.
Thank you Thank you Thank you! By the way LOVE your blog!
I awarded you The Leibster Blog Award! See http://romancingthebee.com/2012/05/04/leib-makes-the-world-go-round/
I have, and I two of my new chicks are Aracana’s. I love their eggs beautiful colors!!