My honey bunny already got his Valentines’ Day dessert early because I had to share it with you guys so you could make it for your honey bunnies. Let me tell you… this Chocolate-Vanilla Caramel Tartlet… it is the BOMB- boom, colossal explosion good. You get my drift- damn good is my drift.
I gave this out to a few people because ain’t no way 8 of these bad boys are staying in my house. Mama don’t need anymore jiggle if ya know what I mean. So, one of these was gifted to my trainer…. he, he, he a little revenge. Anyway the next week his exact words were “damn girl what was that thing you gave me, I think it was the best thing I have eaten in a long time, I didn’t even want to share it with my wife”. Now is that an endorsement or what.
I must confess, me and the hubs and Jacob would split one into thirds several nights in a row for dessert, and it was damn good every time.
Now if you follow my blog you know I have been using DAVE’S COFFEE SYRUP as my vanilla extract substitute. I haven’t used the vanilla in any baking recipes since I got my DAVE’S. It really is that good, it adds a whole other layer of taste to baked goods, not to mention cocktails, over ice-cream. I was thinking maybe a barbecue sauce??? The ideas keep popin’ into my head. You really need to add this stuff to your baking ensemble.
So I begged and pleaded with Dave and the fine people that work with him and they have graciously agreed to do a giveaway to my readers. YAY!
Dave agreed to not have just one winner but FIVE winners! Man is that Dave a great guy or what?
So there will be a grand prize winner that will receive Dave’s Coffee Syrup Combo Pack (one bottle of Original and one bottle of Madagascar Vanilla). and a Tartine Cookbook, which I thought you would love and was fitting since the tart dough below is their recipe. FIVE additional winners will be chosen to each receive a combo pack of DAVE’s coffee & syrup.
THAT MEANS THERE WILL BE SIX WINNERS CHOSEN! So, you don’t want to miss the sign up at the bottom of the post for your chance to win! Head over to DAVE’s facebook page and give him a LIKE (this is an option in the giveaway)
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dave’s Vanilla-Coffee syrup
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon Dave’s Vanilla-Coffee syrup
- 5 ounces 60% bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
Directions for Tart Shell:
- With your mixer on medium combine butter, sugar and salt until smooth. While mixer is running add the egg. Once everything is combined stop your mixer and scrape down sides. Add flour on low and mix until just incorporated. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- On a lightly floured surface dump out dough and divide into two parts, round and flatten into ½” disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and stick in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Remove from refrigerator and roll out to about ⅛” on a lightly floured surface. Place a tart pan on dough and cut a circle about 2” larger than pan. Lift dough and gently slide it into the tart pan, pushing down around edges (do not pull dough to fit) push around edges to trim. Continue rolling and cut and filling until all tart pans are filled. Using a fork prick the bottom of the tart shell making small holes. Stick in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to firm up. Remove and bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly, lightly brown. Remove and let cool.
Directions for Caramel:
- In a medium saucepan add candy thermometer and over medium heat whisk together sugar, corn syrup, salt and water and bring to a boil. DO NOT STIR. Watch your thermometer and as soon as you reach 340 degrees remove from heat and dump in butter, cream sour cream and Dave’s syrup it will bubble up and start stirring until smooth.
- Pour caramel into cooled tartlet shells and cool slightly, refrigerate until firm about 2-3 hours.
Directions for Chocolate-Vanilla Ganache:
- Combine honey, cream and Dave’s Vanilla Syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring until honey dissolves. Add chocolate chips lower heat to low and stir until melted and combined. Remove from heat. Using a ¼ measuring cup scoop up ganache and gently pour on top of each tartlet until it is covered. Place a pinch of sea salt on top of each tartlet.
- Place in refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve to your love!