Caprese Salad Skewers are the perfect fresh, delicious and easy appetizer to serve at a dinner party or to the family on a warm summer evening.
I remember the first time I had fresh mozzarella, I fell in love. No, really I did! I thought mozzarella was that stringy stuff that was on top of my pizza and don’t get me wrong, that is good stuff, but fresh mozzarella that is stored in water is creamy goodness. Topped with a good olive oil and salt the stuff is what love songs are written about.
No? well, it is good stuff and adding to a fresh garden tomato and topping it with a sweet balsamic glaze and you have the perfect party food. Put it all on a skewer and you have the perfect party appetizer. What solidifies this as the perfect summer party appetizer is that it is easy to assemble and can be made ahead of time, pulled out of the fridge and served. Allowing you to spend more time with family and friends and less time in the kitchen.
You can skip the skewers and serve this to the family as a simple but impressive salad.
However you choose to serve it, the Caprese salad will definitely become one of your favorites.
- Mozzarella Balls in water, cubed
- 24 Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
- 24 fresh basil leaves, large leaves torn in half
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Take small skewers and add one cube of mozzarella, garpe tomato and piece of basil in whatever order you like.
- Add balsamic vinegar to small saucepan and set over low heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until balsamic vinegar is reduced and is thick. Cool completely before drizzling on skewers.
- Place skweres on serving plate and sprinkle salt and pepper over top. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic glaze.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.