Cilantro Lime Roasted Chicken is a great flavorful easy to prepare and a joy to eat, chicken recipe. You will be making this on repeat and sharing the recipe with your friends.
Why You Want to Make this recipe?
I love a delicious and easy chicken dish that gives me a new flavor palette. Probably like you, I eat a lot of chicken so it can be a challenge to keep the menu interesting.
So in this dish I used chicken thighs instead of the traditional Chicken Breast.
Why you may ask?
Flavor my friend, flavor!
Yes, I know Chicken thighs are a fattier cut of meat, but what that means is they’re going to have a more intense, rich flavor than a chicken breast.
If you are looking to mix it up- which I highly recommend through this recipe into your dinner rotation and mix it up a bit.
A very simple recipe to prepare is one very simple recipe to prepare.
Throw your thighs in a ziploc bag with the spice mix, and mash that mix all around your thighs, thoroughly coating each thigh. Let them sit on the counter for about 10 minutes, a few less is not going to make a huge difference in the flavor.
Meanwhile preheat your oven to 425° and place your rack in the upper third of your oven.
Use an oven ready heavy skillet for this dish.
Heat some olive oil over medium high heat. Make sure your oil is hot before adding your chicken thighs. You want them to sizzle when you add them to the oil. Let your Chicken Thighs brown a bit before flipping. Continue cooking for a few more minutes.
Add pan to the preheated oven on the upper rack and let your Chicken Thighs to continue to cook for about 8-9 minutes. Open the oven and toss in the cut scallions, carefully give the pan a shake to evenly distribute the scallions. Close the oven and cook for a few more minutes, you are wanting your scallions to soften and blister if possible.
Remove from the oven, transfer to a serving plate and toss with fresh cilantro and some lime wedges.
I like to serve Cilantro Lime Roasted Chicken with some rice and roasted broccoli.
Looking for another great chicken dinner recipe? Check out my Paleo Orange Chicken Recipe
Perfect Cilantro Lime Roasted Chicken
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Meat thermometer
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs (4 pieces)
- 3 medium scallions cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Combine oil, lime zest, lime juice, cumin, coriander, chili powder, brown sugar and salt in a large sealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal the bag and massage to coat the chicken. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade; discard the marinade.
- Add the chicken to the pan in an even layer; cook, undisturbed, until browned on the bottom, 5 to 6 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to preheated oven and place skillet on top rack. Cook for 8-9 minutes and open the oven to add scallions to the pan; cook, an additional 2-3 minutes or until the scallions are blistered and tender.
- Toss fresh leaves of cilantro over top of chicken. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.