Fresh Chicken Tacos are loaded with lean chicken breasts, fresh vegetables and topped with avocado. This is the perfect traditional taco, spicy and savory; while keeping it gluten free.
These Fresh Chicken Tacos make me so happy. Why?
- Duh, It is a Taco recipe.
- They are so easy to make.
- They are fresh and delicious.
- Did I say they are easy to make?
This Fresh Chicken Taco dish will soon be one of your favorite because it is easy to pull together (did I say that already) and makes the whole family happy because they to their taco however they want to make it their own. If you are short on time pick up a rotisserie chicken to replace chicken breasts. The use of fresh garden vegetables really gives these tacos a great clean delicious flavor.
If your family is sensitive to spicy foods, cut the peppers down to one jalapeño. Serrano peppers are a bit more spicy and add a bigger kick. Make sure to rinse your black beans to cut down on the sodium content. Serve with Gluten Free tortilla shells to keep the recipe gluten free.
Healthy Chicken Tacos
- 1 medium yellow onion trimmed peeled and quartered
- 7 roma tomatoes quartered
- 2 large garlic cloves smashed
- 1 or 2 fresh serrano or jalapeño chiles stemmed
- 1 tablespoons of organic coconut oil melted
- 6 large radishes halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado peeled pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 lime quartered
- Gluten Free soft tortilla shells
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place chicken breasts on broiler pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, place coconut oil, 3/4 of the onion, tomato, garlic cloves and peppers on a aluminum lined baking sheet (for easy clean up).
- When chicken is finished, raise temperature of oven to broil and cook vegetables for 8-10 minutes or until they start to blacken.
- Remove from oven and place vegetables in a blender when cool, puree.
- Meanwhile dice remaining onion and add it to a bowl with radish, cilantro, and avocado and set aside.
- Shred Chicken and place in a serving bowl, top with pureed tomato mix and stir to coat chicken.
- Serve chicken along side of radish relish, black beans, sour cream and gluten free tortilla shells.
- Layer tortilla shells, with a spoon full of black beans, chicken, topped with radish relish and a dollop of sour cream.