Holiday Green Beans is the perfect healthy side dish to serve at your holiay table. Easy, quick and using only the freshest ingredients. You and your guests won’t be disappointed.
Subscribe to my blog | Follow me on Bloglovin | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
Did your Mom serve green bean casserole on Thanksgiving? You know that dish that is loaded with cream of mushroom soup and topped with crispy onion straws? Mine did and can I say YUCK! I know its a classic favorite, but I have the perfect over the top yummy, healthier Holiday Green Bean Casserole Redo for your Holiday table, or anytime of year.
The bonus here is you can make it in parts the day before and assemble on Turkey day. WOO-HOO!
Holiday Green Beans
Holiday Green Beans is the perfect healthy side dish to serve at your holiday table. Easy, quick and using only the freshest ingredients. You and your guests won't be disappointed.
- 3 pounds haricot verts trimmed if needed
- 8 strips of microwave bacon cooked according to directions, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots 2 large
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 cup Sherry Wine Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese about 4 ounces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Cook beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp (about 5 minutes) remove and place in an ice bath to stop cooking. (You can do this day ahead, wrap in paper towels and store in large plastic bag in refrigerator, bring to room temperature day of serving)
- In a medium skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook shallots and garlic until softened. Add vinegar, dijon and dried mustard. Whisk in oil, season with salt and pepper. Set aside. (Can be made day ahead and stored in refrigerator, bring back to room temperature, whisk to combine)
- Toss beans, dressing in a large bowl. Sprinkle bacon, cheese and cranberries on top and serve.
1 thought on “Holiday Green Beans”
I made these beans for Thanksgiving and they were a huge hit. None of us are big goat cheese fans so I left it off and let people add it own their own. They were wonderful even without the cheese. Very easy at mealtime if you make the dressing ahead of time.