This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie is the perfect way to start off your morning. Healthy, delicious, and packed with all of your favorite fall flavors like pumpkin, banana, almond butter, dates, and warm spices. One of our favorite cold-weather breakfast smoothies!
Why You’ll Love this Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
I love starting off my day with breakfast smoothies. They’re one of the best ways to add nutritious fruits, veggies, and protein into your diet without really having to think about it. A Healthy Life for Me has a pretty awesome collection of the best smoothie recipes (if I don’t say so myself…). Still, there’s always room for new additions!
This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie has an outstanding balance of creaminess, warm spices, and great pumpkin flavor. When you can make a healthy smoothie taste just like pumpkin pie, why wouldn’t you??
If you’re not a smoothie expert, take heart. This is a great one to start with. Throw all the ingredients into a blender and blend until it’s smooth and creamy. If things look too thick for your taste, add a little more milk (or even water) to thin things out a bit. Garnish with fun toppings like whipped cream, pumpkin spice, chopped nuts, or cacao nibs.
If you really want to go crazy, add in a handful of greens like spinach or kale. It will change the color of the smoothie but not the taste. Smoothies are a great way of getting your kids to eat their greens!
Can I Make My Pumpkin Smoothie Ahead of Time?
Absolutely! You can make a batch of these Pumpkin Pie Smoothies the night before and enjoy a healthy breakfast without any fuss. The smoothies may be a little thicker after sitting in the fridge, but they’ll still be delicious.
If you prefer to make your breakfast smoothies fresh but want to skip ingredient prep in the morning, you can still get ahead of the game. Portion your smoothie ingredients into containers the night before. Then, all you need to do in the morning is dump, blend, and enjoy!
What You’ll Need
Whenever you make a healthy smoothie, you want to make sure you’re using the best ingredients. Everything that goes in that blender should have a purpose. Scroll down to the recipe card for the actual amounts of each ingredient.
- Pumpkin Puree – Canned pumpkin puree is perfect for this smoothie. Be sure to not grab a can of pumpkin pie filling by mistake since that is loaded with a ton of sugar.
- Coconut Milk – Any non-dairy milk will be great here, but I love the creaminess and flavor of the coconut in this recipe.
- Almond Butter – Almond butter adds great flavor and extra protein.
- Vanilla Whey Protein – Feel free to sub a plant-based protein if you’re sensitive to whey.
- Banana – I used half of a frozen banana; it gives this smoothie a creamy milkshake texture.
- Medjool Dates – Dates add all the sweetness you’ll need.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – A blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and (sometimes) allspice.
- Almond or Coconut Whipped Cream (optional)
How to Make a Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
There are few things easier to make than a smoothie. Throw everything together in a high-powered blender, press the button, and voila!
- Blend the Ingredients. Add the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, almond butter, banana, dates, protein powder, and spices to a blender. Process on high until completely smooth. If you find that the smoothie is too thick, feel free to add a little more coconut milk or water to thin it out. But, this pumpkin smoothie is meant to be a little on the thicker side.
- Pour. Divide the smoothes into two glasses and top with coconut whipped cream and a dusting of pumpkin pie spice if desired. This step is 100% optional, but adds a really nice finish!
More of Our Favorite Banana Smoothie Recipes
- Peach Banana Vanilla Protein Smoothie
- Cookies and Cream Protein Smoothie
- Coffee Banana Breakfast Smoothie
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 Medjool dates pitted
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- almond or coconut whipped cream optional
- Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, almond butter, banana, dates, and spices to a blender and process on high until smooth.
- Divide between two glasses and top with coconut whipped cream and a dusting of pumpkin pie spice, if desired.