Gluten Free Chocolate Cinnamon Donuts are loaded with chocolate, I mean loaded and have a great cinnamon chaser. These donuts are gluten free, grain free, dairy free and contain no granulated sugar. Definitely a delicious way to please your inner chocolate god/goddess.
I also spent time making up a list of things I want to accomplish before spring is in full swing here in Cincinnati. Mostly the list included recipes to try out that included several breakfast dishes. I really need to be a little more creative during the A.M..
These baked gluten-free chocolate cinnamon donuts are not all that creative, but they were darn delicious. They are fun and easy to make, and very fun and easy to eat. They didn’t last long in the house. My hubby actually asked where the last one went the next morning…… see easy to eat, I should know!
What is your favorite type of donut? Chocolate, Glaze, Jelly Filled? It is hard to pick just one.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 coconut flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup enjoy life semi sweet chocolate chips
- [br][b]Cinnamon Sugar[/b]
- 4 tablespoons organic coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar, processed in a food processor blender until fine consistency
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- [br][b]Dark Chocolate Glaze[/b]
- 1/2 cup enjoy life semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, cocoa, coconut sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, vanilla, 1 cup of coconut cream and melted coconut oil. Slowly add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Grease donut pan with coconut oil and fill with batter just to top of center post (I use a piping bag for this)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set. Let cool in pan for one minute before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- Brush top and side of each donut with melted coconut oil and then dip into cinnamon sugar mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of coconut cream and microwave for one minute. Stir until completely melted.
- Drizzle onto tops of donuts.
If you like this recipe you might also like: