Zucchini Bread always the perfect way to use up an excess of garden zucchini. Add in some chocolate and you have a perfectly moist and delicious bread.
Yes, another Zucchini recipe.
Really can you have to many zucchini recipes?? Nope, not when its summer time and the garden is exploding.
Zucchini plants will take over if you don’t lasso them back. I usually plant four plants (more than I need) each year, mostly so I have an abundance to make this bread. Speaking of this bread, it really is delicious and mois.
I usually don’t put in nuts in this bread, which is a personal preference, but I always add the chocolate. This bread freezes really really well and I always have several loaves in the freezer. A loaf of this bread makes a great present to neighbor or friend. They will ask you for the recipe, so make sure you save it or pin it.
Another reason to love this recipe is the ease which you can throw it together, you don’t need a mixer and only two bowls, a spoon, grater and your pans.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram or Twitter with #ahealthylifeforme.
- 2 Loaf Pans
- 1 cup olive
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar you can substitute with cane sugar
- 2 cups grated organic zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour use gluten free 1 to 1 flour if you want to make gluten free bread
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips 60%
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Set oven rack to the center of the oven.
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans, or spray with baking spray.
- Alternately, line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt, as well as nuts, chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl add oil and whisk in eggs. Add sugar and vanilla, stir to blend.
- Once oil mix is evenly blended add in shredded zucchini. Stir to coat zucchini pieces and evenly mix.
- Stir flour mixture into the oil mixture.
- Divide the batter into prepared pans.
- Bake loaves for 60 minutes, plus or minus ten, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Muffins will bake far more quickly, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.