I really like Stuffed Chicken Breast recipes. If it is on the menu when we eat out I usually order it. Those chefs really get creative with the fillings and you are guaranteed a mouth full of flavor. Making Stuffed Chicken Breasts at home are easy, even though they look so fancy. This Jalapeño and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Fig Compote recipe has a long name, looks like it is complicated to make, but it is not and it is packed with flavor, spice and sweetness. Sure to please your crowd. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
December has arrived, its cold, we are getting ready for our upcoming holidays, the new year and we are short on time. This is when we start to make unhealthy food choices, long before the holidays hit. We are stressed and want something to eat that is easy and satisfied our stressed out munchies. Work at trying to eat a health dinner over the next couple of weeks and once the new year hits you we will be thankful.
This Stuffed Chicken breast recipe is easy (pounding chicken breasts is not hard, I promise) it can be assembled ahead of time and the spicy jalapeno will warm you up on a cold night and the sweet figs will make you feel satisfied. Serve this with some green beans or roasted asparagus and a salad and you have a healthy dinner in 45 minutes!
I had the good fortune of finding fresh figs, but dried are readily available and can easily be substituted in this dish. Store the extra dried figs in a ziploc bag in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2-3 Jalapeno Peppers
- 3 ounces Goat Cheese, crumbled
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 8 ounces of Fresh Figs, about 10, cut in a small dice (I used Black Mission), you can use dried.
- 3 tablespoons of Red Wine (I used Pinto Noir)
- ¼ teaspoon Honey
- ¼ cup Water
- small pinch of kosher salt
- Set oven to broil.
- Place Jalapenos on a small baking pan and broil for a few minutes, turning peppers over and broiling until blackened on all sides.
- Lower oven temperture to 375 degrees
- Remove Jalapenos and place in a ziploc bag to steam and release their skin.
- After approxiametly 10 minutes remove pepper and test to see if you can easily peel of skin.
- After removing peppers skin, cut off stem and cut Jalapeno down lengthwise dividing it into two pieces.
- Meanwhile, place chicken breasts between two pieces of wax paper or in a ziploc bag and pound to flatten.
- Use a meat mallet or a heavy pan to pound until chicken is ½" thick.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Line each chicken breast with sprinkling of goat cheese, dividing the goat cheese evenly among chicken breasts and leaving a 1" boarder around perimeter of chicken.
- Then lay a two pieces or half Jalapeño in center of chicken breast.
- Roll up breast and secure roll by inserting a toothpick through chicken breast.
- Place chicken breasts on a broiler pan or a baking sheet lined with a wire rack.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- Remove from oven.
- In small saucepan add all ingredients bring to a boil and cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the fruit has broken down and has turned into a paste.
- You can process paste in blender to get smoother consistency or serve a more chunky consistency.
- Serve Compote spread on top of chicken breast and any extra on the side to enjoy.