Get fit with this Spring into Fitness Full Body Workout.
Spring into Fitness Full Body Workout Tip # 18 is here to get you outside, moving and fit. Luckily spring has sprung and the warmer months are here, so get outside, get that body moving and on the road to being fit. Personally about this time of year I need an exercise switch to keep me motivated and the best way to do this is to venture outside the gym and enjoy the great outdoors. The best kinds of workouts are the ones that you don’t feel like you’re exercising at all and My Spring into Fitness Full Body Workout hits the mark, mirroring what you used to do on the playground when you were a kid. Running, Jumping and Skipping all moves that really work the whole body and keep you strong and balanced. This is an all over great workout that helps you mix up your walk or jog with some strengthening and plyometrics while having fun. Depending on how fast you walk or jog you should be able to log in 3 miles, burning some serious calories. While the movements will elevate your heart rate and work on strengthen several body areas. Exercises in Spring into Fitness Full Body Workout:
- The jumping jacks are a plyometric move, elevating your heart rate and working your arms, legs and core.
- The high knees will get that heart rate up and work your quads, glutes, and hamstrings.
- The push ups help work on your chest, back and arms.
- The squat jumps are a plyometric move that works the legs your booty and really jacks up that heart rate to make sure you are burning off those calories.
- The side shuffles will help you work on your obliques and help with strengthening your balance.
Get out there and get moving. Exercise Tips for Spring into Fitness Full Body Workout Tip #18: High Knees
- Stand in place with your feet hip-width apart. Drive your right knee toward your chest and quickly place it back on the ground. Follow immediately by driving your left knee toward your chest.
- Push-ups, work your chest, arms, shoulders and upper body. Position yourself on your hands and feet with your eyes facing the floor. Place your hands slightly greater than shoulder-width apart and your feet comfortably apart. Keeping your back and legs straight, slowly bend your elbows and lower your chest until your chin reaches the ground.
- Begin in an athletic stance with feet shoulder-width apart and arms bent with hands at chest level. Bend knees, and come into a full squat. Jump up as explosively as you can, reaching for the ceiling. When you land, lower back into the squat position to complete one rep.
- Start out crouched slightly with knees bent in a slight squat stance. Pushing off with your back foot, step sideways and move only sideways. Keep your weight on the balls of our feet.
If you get rained in don’t miss: