Sweet Potato Spicy Chicken is a recipe to impress. A dinner recipe that is easy, and packed full of rich flavor that is sure to make the whole family happy. Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Whole30 and Paleo.
I had a great weekend, my oldest was home for a few days, I had several friends and family over for dinner on Saturday and I got to drink amazing wine, and catch up with my favorite people.
One of my friends who follows my blog mentioned that there have not been a lot of ‘meat’ recipes posted lately. Which is true, but I was quick to let her know that in facet my next recipe would in fact be a recipe loaded with protein.
This Sweet Potato Spicy Chicken Recipe is loaded with ‘meat’ along with a ton of flavor. Chicken, bacon, sweet potatoes and spices work together in this dish like a four-part harmony. Smoothly complimenting one another and making your taste buds very happy little buds indeed.
I have used chicken thighs in this recipe which is very rich. Like oh-my this is amazing! However, if you want to keep your calorie count a little lower, but still want the flavor from the dark meat, do a combination of chicken thighs and breasts. Whichever meat you choose this dish is simple to pull together with a limited amount of prep and ingredients.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into cubes
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 tbsp. Franks hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 3 strips of uncured organic bacon, sliced
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- Pinch of Sea salt
- Pinch of Ground Black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- On the stovetop set ovenproof pan over medium heat.
- Add tablespoon of coconut oil to pan and when melted add bacon. Cook until bacon is crisp, remove and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine together paprika, garlic powder, hot sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the sweet potatoes and chicken to spice mix, and stir to coat. Add the seasoned potatoes and chicken into the pan. Stir a few times to brown chicken, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place pan uncovered in pre-heated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Add the green onions and bacon to the dish and serve.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: