Kroger has introduced some new recipes to their Prep+Pared line and they continue to be delicious and easy to prepare.
I recently tried their Athena’s Lemon Chicken Saute that took minutes to prepare and made a delicious and light dinner.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.
Easy Prep+Pared Meals.
We are back into the swing of back to school, and the relaxing long days of summer are fading in our rearview mirror. With our days busier than ever and become shorter by the minute making a healthy dinner for our family is tough.
With the decline of the American home cooked meal I think all of us feel like there is a need for options to help make dinnertime possible on a limited time schedule.
Kroger has made it easier for all of us! With their Prep+Pared designed to deliver the ingredients necessary to prepare a meal for two in about 20 minutes.
Several months ago Kroger introduced prepared meal kits Prep+Pared. The meal kits offered several different meal options with fresh ingredients that were already prepped and ready to cook.
They just introduced several new recipes to give us even more delicious healthy options to feed our families and ourselves.
Each box comes with all the ingredients you need, already prepared for you, minus a few pantry staples like olive oil, salt and pepper.
There is a list of kitchen tools you will need, such as skillet, bowls, cutting board, etc. There is very little clean up, and the instructions are clear and precise so no need to worry if you are new to cooking.
Next time you are at your local Kroger store pick up one of their easy and convenient Prep+Pared meals: chicken, pork, fish or vegetarian. There is always a choice that suits you and yours!
Athena’s Lemon Chicken Saute
- 2 Lemons
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 8 ounce Chicken breast, diced
- 1 small Cucumber
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup Chickpeas, cooked
- 1/4 cup Red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 5.3 oz. Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 3 stems fresh dill
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Cut one lemon in half. Divide garlic into thirds and set 2/3 aside for later use.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together juice from lemon, red wine vinegar, cumin, 1/2 of the oregano, 1/3 of the garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken to bowl, and toss to coat. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in skillet over medium high heat and add chicken, reserving marinade.
- Cook chicken until browned on all sides about 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and pour reserved marinade into skillet and heat until warm, turning chicken to coat.
- While chicken is cooking, chop cucumber into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Toss tomatoes, chickpeas, red peppers, onions, parsley and 1/2 of the chopped cucumbers together in a medium bowl.
- Cut the other lemon in half and juice 1/2 in a medium bowl, add 1/3 of the reserved garlic, remaining oregano, salt and pepper to taste and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix and pour over tomato mixture. Toss to coat.
- In a small bowl mix yogurt, dill, remaining cucumbers and garlic, and juice from remaining 1/2 of lemon. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir to blend. Set aside.
- Divide between two plates 1/2 of the tomato mixture,1/2 of the chicken, and top with 1/2 the feta cheese. Serve with tzatziki sauce