You need to know How to Make the Best Chicken Noodle Soup because it is perfect recipe for cool nights, watching the big game, sharing with friends or when you or your loved one are not feeling well, or you just want a hearty healthy filling soup.
Yes, this is the Best Chicken Noodle Soup EVER! I have been making and feeding this soup to my family for years. I always make extra and have several batches in the freezer, to pull out when needed. My freezer stash never lasts long because the boys will pull it out to enjoy for lunch or a late night snack. It is perfect to serve on Sunday’s while watching your team play on the television or to take a big batch to serve at the tailgate.
I always get asked for the recipe after I have given a container to a sick friend, the comment is always the same “that is the Best Chicken Noodle Soup”.
I make it with two whole chickens because I like to make extra to have some in the freezer to pull out when needed. If you don’t want to make extra just cut everything in half for a wholesome healthy family dinner.
How to Make the Best Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 whole chickens
- 7 quarts of water
- 2 onions peeled and diced
- 4 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 lemon sliced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 4 bay leaves
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 4 cups sliced celery
- 1 bag of egg noodles
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (if dried reconstituted)
- 6 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 2/3 cup cooking sherry
- 4 teaspoon rosemary chopped
- 2 cups grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Add all ingredients up to Kosher Salt and Pepper to a large pot over medium heat.
- Add extra water if needed so that chickens are completely covered.
- Cook for an one hour or until chicken is tender. Chicken will no longer pink inside you can cut with knife to judge or use meat themometer at 165°.
- Remove chickens and place on a rimmed cutting board, you will need to catch juices from chickens and add back to pan.
- Once chickens are cooled, remove skin and shred meat. (You can use bones and skin to make homemade chicken stock)
- Strain broth through a colander into a large bowl throwing away solids.
- Place broth back into stock pot, as well as any juices you caught while chickens cooled.
- Bring broth to a low boil and add carrots, celery and mushrooms cooking for 10-12 minutes.
- Add noodles and cook until al dente (follow directions on package).
- Stir in shredded chicken, parsley, sherry, rosemary, parmesan and cream for about 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is a double recipe so that you will have plenty to freeze. Cut into half if you do not want extra to freeze.