Your going to love this Baked Salmon with Cucumber Relish it is a healthy, easy, gluten free, dairy free and a paleo recipe that you can have on the table in less than 30 minutes. There is a bit of spice but it is balanced out with the fresh cooling cucumber.
Subscribe to my blog | Follow me on Bloglovin | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook
I saw this recipe over at Sweet Paul Magazine, and knew it would become a family favorite. I have made it several times, and changed it up to suit my tastes and my family. It has limited ingredients, is light and healthy and very quick to pull together; taking less than 20 minutes.
I topped the salmon with San Francisco Bay Seasoning that I got from Whole Foods, it is a great seasoning mix to have on hand because it works with all fish. Any Bay seasoning will work, you can even make your own. Recipe at bottom of post
You can also skip the peeling of the cucumber and just do a dice, but I really preferred the recipe without the cucumber seeds. You can also make this with a bit more kick by upping the amount of red pepper flakes. My husband is a huge fan of the spicy so I always add extra to his side of the fish. If you do this just make sure you can tell which side has the extra spice, you don’t want to have any unexpected surprises when you bite into your fish.
I hope you try this recipe it really is exceptional!
Baked Salmon with Cucumber Relish
- 1.5 pounds of salmon bone and skinless
- Juice from one lime
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1/3 cup of red onion cut into thin slices
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes divided
- 1/2 teaspoon old bay seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 °.
- In a deep roasting pan add salmon.
- Top salmon with salt, pepper, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, old bay seasoning and juice of one lime.
- Bake salmon for 15 minutes or until center is cooked through (varies depending on thickness of salmon)
- While salmon cooks, use a vegetable peeler and peel outer edges of cucumber. Discard seeded center.
- Cut cucumber strips into 1/2" pieces
- Place sake, honey and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of red peppers in a small bowl and whisk. Add cucumber, stir to combine.
- Remove Salmon from oven and cut into 2"-3" wide pieces and plate.
- Evenly divide red onion, cucumber and dill a top each piece of salmon.
Old Bay Seasoning Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 6 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
In a spice grinder or smal food processor, combine all of the ingredients. Grind well and store in a air tight container. The spice mix can last for several months.