A Brie and Fig Preserve Grilled Cheese sandwich that tastes decadent and is easy to pull together.
This ain’t ya mamas grilled cheese. This little decadent grilled cheese was inspired by fresh Figs and the Fig Preserve I made using my extra figs.
Simple and delicious a grilled cheese that is a real treat. Melted Brie cheese homemade Fig preserved sandwiched between grilled french bread; yum!
I made up a batch of sandwiches packaged them up in parchment paper and brought them with me when I met friends to go for a walk. I thought they would be a great treat to share when we finished up our walk and another excuse to stay and talk some more. You know us girls always can find more to talk about.
Brie and Fig Preserve Grilled Cheese
- Fig Preserve recipe here
- 1/3 pound Brie Cheese sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 loaf French Bread sliced 1" thick
- 1-2 tablespoons Honey more to taste
- Unsalted butter softened
- Take one slice of bread and drizzle honey over top.
- Layer brie slices over honey overlapping slightly
- On second piece of bread spread fig preserve
- Place second piece of bread fig preserve side down over top of brie cheese
- Spread butter over top and bottom of sandwich
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat
- Place sandwich in skillet and cook about 2 minutes or until bread turns golden brown, flip and cook second side an additional 2 minutes.
- Once golden bread on both sides remove sandwich and cut in half.
- If using later, let cool slightly and wrap in parchment paper.
Check out video on how to make this sandwich
1 thought on “Brie and Fig Preserve Grilled Cheese”
Oh yes, this is the next sandwich I am going to make. And I am going to be making it very soon, like tomorrow!