Chipotle Shrimp Burrito Bowl have layer upon layer of flavor with a kick of spice. Forget the take out and have this great healthy gluten free recipe at home in 30 minutes.
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and you got to spend some time relaxing. Saturday was beautiful here and rained all day Sunday. The garden needed a bit of water to help with my newly planted seedlings, so I wasn’t too disappointed. Plus it gave me an excuse to spend time on the couch reading.
I have been doing a lot of recipe development with shrimp lately. Shrimp is one of the easiest seafood to cook with, not to mentioned it takes no time at all to cook. These Chipotle Shrimp Burrito Bowls, are gluten free and packed with tons of spice and flavor. If you are not big on spice only use 3 chipotle peppers in your sauce.
Do you like your foods extra spicy or with just a bit of zing?
Chipotle Shrimp Burrito Bowl
- 3 cups raw broccoli cut into small florets and stems
- 3 medium garlic cloves. peeled
- 2/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds toasted
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice cooked according to directions
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp shells and tails removed (51-60 shrimp per pound)
- 4 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon of the adobo sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ½ cup cilantro leaves plus more for garnish
- 1 lime juiced
- Cook the broccoli by pouring 3/4 cup water into a large pot and bringing it to a simmer. Add a big pinch of salt and stir in the broccoli. Cover and cook for a minute, just long enough to take the raw edge off. Transfer the broccoli to a strainer and run under cold water until it stops cooking.
- Add broccoli, garlic, the almonds, Parmesan cheese, salt, and lemon juice in a food processor. Drizzle in the olive oil while machine is running, once blended and ricotta cheese and pulse until smooth.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Fluff rice and add the cilantro, lime juice and olive oil Keep warm on low heat.
- Blend chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic, honey, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cinnamon in a food processor until smooth. Place shrimp in a gallon Ziploc freezer bag with chipotle mixture and marinate in fridge for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Bring a heavy bottom skillet or cast iron skillet to medium high heat and add remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Once hot add shrimp in batches taking care not to overcrowd pan. Cook for 2 minutes each side then flip and cook for an additional minute. Remove from pan and continue until all shrimp are cooked.
- In serving bowls add rice, topped with shrimp and a dollop of Broccoli Pesto.
- Top with extra cilantro, radish slices.
If you like this you might also like: