While on my trip to New Orleans we had the pleasure of having dinner at Boucherie. They got their start in a food truck and based on their success opened a restaurant that has people waiting in line. We ordered their Lime-Cucumber cocktail while we waited for our table, and we were quite happy to order a second.
I recreated it at home and it is a simple cocktail to mix, and the perfect way to usher in the warmer temperatures and farm fresh cucumbers that will be filling the farmers market shelves.
Cucumber Lime Black Pepper Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce St. Germain
- 1/2 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- Cucumber slice
- Ground Black Pepper enough to sprinkle over top of cocktail
- Fresh Ice
- Fill low ball with fresh ice.
- In a martini shaker add gin, St. Germain and fresh lime juice. Shake to combine.
- Pour over ice.
- Add slice of cucumber.
- Top with ground black pepper.