These Oatmeal Superfood Breakfast Bars will become your newest addiction, loaded with healthy ingredients like oats, pumpkin seeds, and blueberries. Gluten-Free and Delicious.
Healthy Benefits of Oatmeal.
Even though there are many benefits to eating oatmeal, no one wants to eat it every day. In order to have more options, I decided to try out a new variation of the Oatmeal Superfood Breakfast Bars recipe.
Not only is it a healthy breakfast bar recipe that I enjoy, it is also delicious, filling, and loaded with superfoods. It also gives me a morning dose of protein to kickstart my metabolism.
Superfood is a term used to describe food with high nutritional content and associated health benefits. These foods help fight disease, build muscle, burn fat and satisfy your morning cravings. Oatmeal, almonds, blueberries, goji berries, pumpkin seeds, banana, extra virgin coconut oil, honey, and cinnamon all make that list, so you know when you are eating these oat bars, you are feeding your body the best.
Oatmeal Superfood Breakfast Bars
- Food Processor
- Square 9 x 9" baking pan
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bananas
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup fresh organic blueberries
- 1/4 cup of coconut-almond milk or plain coconut or plain almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 9 x 9 baking pan with parchment paper, lightly grease with coconut oil
- Add all ingredients in to food processor until completely combined and wet, this may take several minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth out with off set spatula until evenly spread.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Combine ingredients in medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Removing pan from oven, spread topping evenly over and lightly press down into base.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes
Store in a refrigerator in a sealed container for one week
Don’t forget to try my BLUEBERRY PROTEIN MUFFINS for another healthy breakfast option.