Looking for the perfect healthy family dinner that is easy to prepare with tons of flavor and minimal clean up? Then this One Pot Broccoli Cauliflower Pasta Bake Recipe is for you made with gluten free pasta, loaded with vegetables, and the whole family will love it.
Have you started your holiday shopping?
Are you done?
Me I bought my first item yesterday and I did it from my computer. I have to tell you if I never have to go to a store again to holiday shop I will be a very happy girl.
I am not sure what that says about me? Am I turning into one of those recluse types that would rather be alone than interact with others? The worry has merit. I do work from home.
What about you? Do you like driving to the mall and getting swept up in all the store sales, big paper bags, and listening to Christmas music in each store that you enter?
If you are busy with shopping or just life, this recipe will make your hungry self-satisfied.
Even though this recipe is vegetarian, you feel like you are eating a hearty protein-filled dish. The anchovy and cauliflower, broccoli mix gives you a dense substantial feel. This dish is great warmed up as well for leftovers.
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into small 1″ florets
- 1 pound cauliflower, cut into small 1″ florets
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 3 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 ounce of anchovies, drained and chopped
- 16 ounces of gluten free penne pasta
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 3-4 large basil leaves
- 8 ounces creme fraiche
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil. Salt water and drop in Broccoli and Cauliflower florets and boil for 5 minutes, remove florets and place in a bowl.
- Keep water boiling and add pasta, cooking according to directions. Drain pasta in a colander reserving 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- Place pan back on the heat, add heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Toss in garlic, red pepper flakes and anchovies stirring to coat in olive oil and warm.
- Then stir in broccoli, cauliflower and pasta water. Cover and cook over low to medium heat for 5 minutes or until the water evaporates.
- Evenly stir in pasta, marinara sauce and top with basil, dollops of creme fraiche, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over top and place in oven and bake for 30 minutes